E-Commerce has Changed Since March
In less than a year, there have been drastic changes to where and how people are shopping. This major shift in customer shopping habits has forced business to adapt. If you weren’t in the eCommerce space before, you need to be begin building or optimizing your eCommerce sites ASAP.
If you don’t have the technical knowledge or team to support the holiday shopping season, you can contact web development agency like Rapple Media.
Will 2020 Holiday Shopping the Biggest Ever?
Customers have changed their mindsets about shopping online. Customers have now been trained and see the convenience of online shopping – recognizing the value and convenience. It is important that businesses move online if they want to survive. As H.G. Wells said, “Adapt, or perish”.
6 Tips to get your E-Commerce ready
2020 is going to see the largest increase in eCommerce sales. This is great news, if store owners, like you, knows how to market right AND have a website that will perform.
- Check page load times. 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load. Tool : Google PageSpeed Insights
- Check and verify your website SSL. A working SSL certificate and HTTPS is a must for all eCommerce sites.
- Install Google Analytics properly and use the following data for future sales campaign.
– Customer demographic
– Customer location
– How much time your customer spend on your website
– Number of visitors and your top pages
– How effective your social media or Google ads
– Revenue per customer
- A full Checkout Test. The cart and check out page is the most important part of your eCommerce site. Pretend to be a customer, buy and review the check-out process.
- Add extra layer of security. A website hack or breach could lead to stolen customer data which includes customer credit card details, addresses and loss of your eCommerce site reputation.
- Test your third partly plug ins
– Payment system
– Address validation